The mission of Fairways for Freedom® is to help combat-injured U.S. Veterans assimilate back into society through a series of holistic initiatives, as well as the game of golf. Playing golf in a peaceful and welcoming environment, such as Ireland and Scotland, and striving to improve at a physically and mentally challenging game, provides a positive experience and helps these Veterans overcome their injuries.
There is plenty of golf and golf instruction on our trips, as well as seminars with an emphasis on therapeutic sessions and mindful-resilience yoga. There are also physical activities to help our Veterans develop and refine a variety of skills, such as:
- Healing within
- How to improve the ability to cope with frustration
- How to become aware of and deal with negative triggers
- How to use Mindful Resilience to achieve better golf scores
- Connecting with others
- How to enhance skills to communicate effectively with others
- How to witness the benefits of group cohesiveness
- How to learn skills to manage conflict
- Becoming a productive member of civilian society
- How to set educational and career goals
- How to enhance interviewing and resume-writing skill.
- How to increase the ability to network
Seminars are conducted by Patricia Donnelly, PhD, a sport psychotherapist, and other guest professionals.