The mission of Fairways for Freedom® is to help combat-injured U.S. veterans assimilate back into society through a series of holistic initiatives, as well as the game of golf. Playing golf in a peaceful and welcoming environment, such as Ireland and Scotland, and striving to improve at a physically and mentally challenging game, provides a positive experience and helps these combat-injured veterans overcome their injuries.
There is plenty of golf and golf instruction on our trips, as well as seminars with an emphasis on therapeutic sessions and mindful-resilience yoga. There are also physical activities to help our combat-injured veterans develop and refine a variety of skills, such as:
- Healing within
- How to improve the ability to cope with frustration
- How to become aware of and deal with negative triggers
- How to use Mindful Resilience to achieve better golf scores
- Connecting with others
- How to enhance skills to communicate effectively with others
- How to witness the benefits of group cohesiveness
- How to learn skills to manage conflict
- Becoming a productive member of civilian society
- How to set educational and career goals
- How to enhance interviewing and resume-writing skill.
- How to increase the ability to network
Seminars are conducted by Patricia Donnelly, PhD, a sport psychotherapist, and other guest professionals.
If you would like to learn more about our complete program, please contact us here for more information. Thank you.